Grab a cup of hot cocoa, slide under a comfy blanket, and snuggle in! This is the story of Daphne Subar – and it could easily become a Hallmark Christmas movie. Daphne spent 26 years in the fast-paced, demanding world of practicing law. She was always telling her three daughters to live their dreams, and now, it was her turn. They encouraged her to fulfill her own passion in life – baking! Daphne traded in her legal briefings and litigations for vanilla extract and cinnamon. And so, Subarz was born and her own dream, fulfilled. Add a dusting of snow, a Christmas tree farm, and matching family sweaters, and you have a wonderful Hallmark Christmas movie! 🙂
Daphne knew she wanted to give the world something really unique and special. Cookies have been done. Bars are old news. Biscotti is so 1995. She turned on her mixer, started cracking the eggs and measuring the sugar until she came up with something truly different. Subarz are sweet like a cookie, but offer a fun crunch of a biscotti or mandelbread. Her homemade (yes, really – like made in a home) treats are absolutely, ridiculously, honestly, and truly delicious!
Subarz is totally transparent about their ingredients. They get my respect for that. Not only are they listed on the website descriptions, they are on the packages, as well. And just wait until you see these flavors…
- Traditional Chocolate Chip – makes chocolate chip cookies taste like wimps!
- Gotcha Matcha – with white morsels and organic matcha!
- Lemon Thyme – fresh, light and full of flavor!
- Salted Apricot Caramel – my absolute favorite. This flavor combination is brilliant!
- Double Chocolate Chip Almond – semisweet AND dark chocolate in this one!
- Toffee Crunch – a touch of espresso pulls these flavors together!
- Chocolate Peppermint – dark chocolate + peppermint = perfect combination!
- Apple Trilogy – apples, currents, and walnuts, oh my!
- White Chocolate Raspberry – classic combination of tart and sweet!
- Spiced Fig – mint, tarragon and clove accent this Subarz!
- Lucious Lavender – real lavender and citrus bring it together!
- Peanut Butter Delight – chocolate and peanut butter candies set this one aside!
- Celebration Subarz – white and semisweet chips combine with sprinkles!
On a special diet, but still drooling over these? Don’t worry – there are even gluten-free, nut-free and dairy-free Subarz options. Plus, they have a great selection of Passover-friendly Subarz! Grab them in cute 3-packs, 8-packs, 1-dozen or 2-dozen boxes. Plus, you can score a sampler box so you can test out more of their delicious flavors. Even better, join the Barz Club, and get a box of two dozen Subarz shipped monthly for 6 months!
These would absolutely make an amazing gift any time of year – for any celebration. The 3-packs make amazing stocking stuffers and gift basket fillers. You could even serve them to your holiday party guests this season. Although, they sure would make a great snack for watching Hallmark Christmas movies, too… 😉
Let me be blunt. I’m a little bit jealous, a little bit mad and a little bit embarrassed. I share something in common with Daphne – a love for experimenting, blending flavors and baking. But I have never, ever, ever created anything as simply magical as Subarz. This baked treat is so unique and so simply delicious – it blows my mind! Honestly, the flavors are so genuine and fresh. I can somehow taste every ingredient on its own, and blended with the others. I don’t know how she does it, but I’m glad she does! 🙂
Come to think of it, when you bite into a Subarz, it might has well be lightly snowing on a Christmas tree farm, while magic is sprinkled over your entire town, making everything right. It makes sense, because the Subarz motto is, “Always looking to make this crazy world just a little bit sweeter, bit by bite.” And they definitely do.