Enjoy a crispy fried chicken made with a fabulous beer. This Shiner Bock Fried Chicken is sure to make the taste buds tingle.
What is more delicious than fried chicken? Here in Texas, fried chicken is a staple and you can find it on just about every corner. There are many different types of fried chicken and so many recipes that every day of the week you can use a different recipe and never have the same fried chicken twice.
One of my most favorite recipes calls for beer. Now, before you go saying anything the beer does wonders for the chicken. It has a lot of yeast in it, which makes it the perfect bonding agent for the flour mixture. The other day, my boyfriend was drinking a Shiner Bock after work and he said “Man, this would taste delicious with some chicken”. After perking up and hearing the word chicken I decided I needed to make my own version of a friend chicken using the Shiner Bock Beer. SO I am excited to introduce to you my delicious Shiner Bock Fried Chicken.
To make my delicious Shiner Bock Fried Chicken, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 T pepper
- 1 T Season-All
- 1/2 t poultry seasoning or 1/2 cube poultry stock
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 2 egg yolks (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups Shiner Bock Beer (you can use your favorite, too)
- 3 lbs chicken
- 1 quart vegetable oil
The directions for this perfectly fried chicken is so easy! Follow these simple instructions:
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the next 5 ingredients together (flour, salt, pepper, egg yolk and beer). If the batter becomes too thick and you can’t stir it easily, add more beer.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees. After you cut your chicken into the pieces you want, run cold water over them. Take each piece and coat in the first flour mixture, then in the beer batter, and again in the flour mixture.
- Place in deep fryer or pan, and fry each piece for about 15 minutes, or until they are golden brown (or darker if you like it crunchier!). Pat dry with paper towels, and serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
I hope you enjoyed my Shiner Bock Fried Chicken! It is a huge hit in my house. If you make it, share it with us on Facebook!