Grab a cup of coffee (or tea), sit back, and chill out for a bit with us this morning! We’re so happy you joined us for our morning coffee! We’ll meet you every weekday morning, right here on the blog, around 7am CST (5am PST, 8am EST) to share a cup of joe with you, talk about what’s on our minds, sneak in some awesome deals we spot, talk about our meal plans for the day, and anything else that comes up! Feel free to chat it up in the comment section, and tell us how you’re feeling, what’s going on with your life, current events, things you’re excited about or bummed out about, and anything else you want to chit-chat about. Not sure who we are? Head over to Meet The Ladies, to meet Jeni, and Reviews by Clo to meet Chloe (you can call her “Clo”!)
Did you miss us yesterday, or any other day this week? Catch up and keep the conversation going by stopping over HERE!
Now….refill that coffee and let’s get to chatting!
I’m a generally very happy girl. In fact, life has been really looking up for me lately, and I’ve been feeling really blessed. Although I’m pretty much always laughing, joking (I speak sarcasm fluently) and having a great time, last night, by brother and I were discussing the silly things that tick us off. These are things that will irk us, make us scrunch our faces up or put a little black cloud over us momentarily. So, I thought I would share some of my quirky side, and the things that tick me off. Some of these things also tend to make me laugh, because I really don’t take much too seriously. Let’s see how many of these get to you guys, too!
- Flakes – I can’t STAND flakiness. It’s a sign of disrespect to me, and I make it a point to not flake. This isn’t the occasional situation where extenuating circumstances pop up. This is people that can legitimately be tagged with the ever annoying “flake” stigma. Grrrrr!
- Berries – They tick me off. I know it’s kind of weird, but they annoy me. Strawberries think they are so cute….but guess what, strawberry! I don’t like you! They roll around all over the counter like toddlers let loose in a candy store, you have to eat a handful of them just to enjoy them, and they are STICKY when you smush them. Blah!
- Dishes in the left side of the sink. Call it OCD, call it being particular. I call it being logical. Look. Dirty dishes that can’t be washed or put in the dishwasher right away can at least be rinsed, right? Put them in the RIGHT side of the sink, so that when we need water (like for my morning coffee), I don’t have to play Jenga with the dishes to get the coffee pot under the faucet. Is that too much to ask?
- Hangnails. Those little jerks are annoying – and what’s worse, I don’t just cut them down, like a logical person. I bite them because in my mind, I’m thinking, “Oh, I’ll get rid of it.” No, Jeni. No you won’t. And now it’s worse.
- Hitting “snooze” on your alarm clock. Come ON. Just wake up. If you wanted to be awake by 6am, then don’t set your alarm for 4:30, and have it go off every 10 minutes. You’re going to wake up grumpy, whether it’s 4:30 or 6! Yes, grumpy people in the morning -YOU annoy ME (and I annoy you because I’m so chipper).
- Slurping coffee. I can respect that it’s a hot beverage. I can even respect that you don’t want to burn your tongue or mouth. But MUST people SLURP their coffee? It sounds like they are trying to inhale the entire mug. And WHY does slurping it somehow make it less hot!? How about this – how about just take smaller sips? It works for me, and it can work for them, too. I’ll even give you a straw, if that helps.
- My glasses. I have really long eyelashes. When I wear mascara, they get longer and thicker (which, is clearly the point of mascara, right?). When my glasses sit on my face, my eyelashes always seem to hit the inside of the lenses. I blink, and my lashes rub on them, so I move my glasses down. Now I feel like the typical snooty librarian lady that tilts her head down so she can glare at you over her glasses and say, “shhh!” I just can’t win on that one.
- Whispering. People that can’t whisper get on my nerves! I don’t think I LEARNED how to whisper….it’s just a natural thing, right? Apparently, not for everyone. Those people can just can’t get their voices quiet or low enough to create a real “whisper” need to simply not try. You’re now drawing attention to me, yourself and the topic you’re trying to keep on the hush hush, but can’t.
What are your quirky pet peeves?
So, if you don’t know already.. I, Clo, LOVE my wine. I’ll drink it all day if I have too. So when I came across this fancy article that Huffington Post published about wine and horoscopes I knew I had to check it out. So apparently.. Capricorns, such as myself are meant to drink: Cabernet Sauvignon. Now, that isn’t really my favorite when it comes to wine. I’m more of a white or rose wine gal. I definitely do enjoy the occasional Cabernet, however it’s not my go-to. So why is Cabernet Sauvignon the wine for Capricorns? I’m not exactly sure. The article didn’t go into too much detail. But here is the depth of it: “Known for the grape’s thick skin and rich full-bodied flavor, a Cab is your perfect match. Pair it with a classic dinner of steak and potatoes, and relish in your flair for sophisticated tradition.”
What’s your favorite wine? What wine does your star sign match with?
Flirty Aprons has 65% off AND free shipping with the code MOM65. These are AWESOME aprons, and make great gifts! I (Jeni) own 3 of them, and with this code, you can grab one for only $10.48 + free shipping (reg. $49.95)!!
Highly rated Cuisinart Toaster Oven only $99 (reg. $299) with the code DLX2X17P5!
Set of 2 Rubbermaid Infuser Carafe Pitchers only $16! Reg. $32
Nutri Ninja Pro Blender only $59.49 when you stack the codes MOMSDAY10 and ALLDAISIES! Reg. $119.99
Capri Leggings only $4.99 each!! Reg. $19.99
Check out this hearty Cheddar Sausage and Spinach Orecchiette Pasta from our awesome friends at Finding Sanity in Your Crazy Life! This is going on in my (Jeni) kitchen tonight, and I can’t WAIT!!! It has basic ingredients you might already have in your kitchen, and one special ingredient that I’m excited to try out, too!
So I’m sure you’ve all heard that Sunday was the last elephant performance with Ringling Bros. The Ringling Bros. elephants are now officially retired. I, Clo, am quite glad that they are no longer going to be using elephants in their performances. I’ve never been able to attend one of these events, because they never have any shows where I live but also I’m not sure if I would either. I’ve always had a soft spot when it comes to animal performances. I feel it’s very inhumane and that they should be wild and free. Do you know elephants have been performing in acts for over 200 years?! Well, 200 years later, now one of the biggest animals on earth won’t have to worry about being a circus act — at least with Ringling Bros. Unfortunately, there are more than a dozen circuses in the US that continue to use elephants. Read the story HERE.
JENI’S THOUGHTS: Man, I didn’t know that! I’m kinda bummed I won’t be able to see them now! As for the animals – I’m sure they are treated really well and are quite happy with what they do. Elephants are some of the smartest animals on the planet, and can find pleasure and enjoyment in repetitive tasks, and entertaining, so I think they might like it! But, I am sad I can’t go to the circus anymore 🙁
What’s on your mind today? Leave us a comment, and let’s keep the discussion going!