It’s FRIYAY!! Woohoo! Celebrate a little bit with us today! We’re chatting about some silly, random stuff that will put you in a great mood today so you can carry it into the weekend!
Grab a cup of coffee (or tea), sit back, and chill out for a bit with us this morning! We’re so happy you joined us for our morning coffee! We’ll meet you every weekday morning, right here on the blog, around 9am CST (7am PST, 10am EST) to share a cup of joe with you, talk about what’s on our minds, sneak in some awesome deals we spot, talk about our meal plans for the day, and anything else that comes up! Feel free to chat it up in the comment section, and tell us how you’re feeling, what’s going on with your life, current events, things you’re excited about or bummed out about, and anything else you want to chit-chat about.
Now….refill that coffee and let’s get to chatting with our Morning Coffee!
Happy Friday! Since it’s Friday, I (Sarah) want to be in my happy place…which is obviously the happiest place on Earth. DISNEY! Since I can’t be there, I thought I’d share some fun stuff that I stumbled upon this week. It’s a list of 15 fun facts about Cinderella’s Castle at Disney World from PopSugar! Read it in its entirety HERE. Here’s the breakdown from PopSugar:
- There’s a luxurious suite inside. The castle has an ultra-exclusive suit inside that overlooks the Magic Kingdom.
- There’s a princess boutique inside. The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is a beauty salon inside the castle where kids are turned into princesses and knights by their Fairy Godmothers.
- It looks bigger than it really is. Disney Imagineers used forced perspective on Cinderella’s castle to make it look larger than it really is.
- You can get married in front of the castle. There are lots of places in Walt Disney World where diehard Disney fans can get married through Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings.
- There’s a top-notch restaurant inside. The castle houses Cinderella’s Royal Table, a fine-dining restaurant that also involves a character dining experience.
- It’s actually not the tallest structure at Walt Disney World. You might think the castle is the tallest icon at all the parks, but that title actually belongs to Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom and Tower of Terror at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Only one other Disney castle looks like it. Despite the fact that there are six Disney parks around the world, there’s only one other Cinderella’s castle outside of Walt Disney World, and that’s Cinderella castle’s at Tokyo Disneyland.
- It’s inspired by Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany. The historic Neuschwanstein Castle is located in Bavaria, Germany, and features a white limestone facade and blue turrets, so it’s rumored to be the inspiration for Cinderella’s castle.
- It’s extra magical during the holidays. Cinderella’s castle is beautiful all year, but it’s especially breathtaking during the holidays.
- It’s not the tallest Disney castle. It’s the second tallest! The first is the Enchanted Storybook Castle at Shanghai Disney Resort, which is the largest Disney castle at 197 feet tall.
- It gets kissed goodnight. About 30 minutes after the park closes, the castle gets a “kiss goodnight.” It consists of a recording of Roy Disney’s dedication speech of the Magic Kingdom accompanied by special lighting effects and ends with “When You Wish Upon a Star” followed by the castle going dark.
- Tinker Bell flies around the castle nightly. As part of a nightly fireworks show, Tinker Bell flies (aka zip lines) out of the castle.
- There’s a reason for its specific height. The castle clocks in at 189 feet. Why not 190 feet? Because any structure 190 feet or more would have to have a flashing red aircraft beacon on top of it, which would look less than magical.
- The castle pays homage to Disney “royalty.” There are more than 40 coats of arms on display inside Cinderella’s Royal Table, each referring to someone who has played a significant role in the heritage and history of the Walt Disney Company.
- It’s a lot bigger than its counterpart in Disneyland. Cinderella’s castle is more than 100 feet taller than Sleeping Beauty’s castle in Disneyland in California.
What’s your favorite thing about Disneyland or Disney World?
Speaking of CASTLES…. I (Jeni) just found out some fun news about a castle not too far from Dallas (where I live)! If you don’t already know, I absolutely love two animals – sloths and alpacas. This castle, called, “ShangriLlama” has llamas living there with the family… they aren’t alpaca, but they are close enough for me! What’s the difference? I actually talked about that on Morning Coffee last year (and it’s fascinating!).
Back to the castle! So, you can visit the castle (people actually live there, by the way), and host parties there, go to classes about llamas, go on nature walks… with the llamas! You get to WALK the llamas in nature, like dogs! There are 7 of them, and the walk is 2.5 hours through some beautiful country. Sounds like heaven to me! I’m requesting this adventure for my birthday this year 🙂
Read about ShangriLlama HERE!
What fun animals would you like to get up close and personal with?
Ever have great ideas in the shower? Yah, a lot of people do. That’s why I (Jeni) just scored myself this Aqua Notes notepad! It’s waterproof, and even comes with a pencil for only $9.50!
Ultra Soft Print Leggings are just $8.99 each ($3.99 shipping for 1st item and $2.99 each additional)! There are TONS of styles and 2 sizes (regular and plus)! SO CUTE!
For the other die-hard Disney fans out there besides me (Sarah) – this Mrs. Potts and Chip Lip Balm Set is for you! They smell like grape and strawberry, and would definitely be cuter than the classic chapstick in your purse.
These Ice Cream Sundae Cookies are a great way to enjoy ice cream sundaes in the winter, without the cold ice cream! 🙂 They are loaded with fun stuff like sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, and even crushed waffle cones! Get the recipe HERE and make some this weekend 🙂
Don’t forget to join us every Wednesday evening at 4pm EST for Happy Hour!