There’s something special about the perfect cocktail. It’s there when you celebrate special moments with friends and family. We sip it while honoring anniversaries and birthdays. It comforts us, helps to break the ice, lets us drown our sorrows in it, gives us extra confidence, and we’ll always have an excuse to say, “cheers!” But the perfect cocktail isn’t made, it’s created. It starts with an amazing alcohol with superior taste and awesome quality. That’s why when I discovered Dixie Vodka it quickly became my new go-to for holiday cocktails, annual celebrations, and hosting get-togethers.
Dixie Vodka is the largest spirit brand produced in the state of South Carolina, the largest premium craft vodka brand produced in the Southeast, and the 9th fastest growing spirit in the United States. That was enough for me to see that this vodka is kind of a big deal. It is 100% “made in America” and based on corn grown in Missouri – which also makes the product gluten free and no-carb. Recent awards have included a 2019 Gold Medal at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition, and a score of 92/100 points in the 2019 Ultimate Spirits Competition. WOW.
But let’s talk taste. That matters. And with vodka, it matters a lot to me, because I’ve had more than my fair share of cheap, low-quality vodka. You know the type – it tastes like batteries, and makes you squish your face in not-so-attractive ways after you taste it. For me, a good vodka goes down smoothly, with no burn or metal aftertaste. It blends well with the flavors in the cocktail, but can also be delicious sipped on rocks. And holy moly, Dixie Southern Vodka checks every one of those boxes!
There are six awesome flavors:
- Dixie Southern Vodka: Our flagship vodka, Dixie Southern Vodka, is The South’s Best Tasting Vodka – and we’re not just whistlin’ Dixie. Our smooth Southern spirit has won a whole mess of awards to back it up. It is the perfect companion for whatever wets your whistle. Dixie Southern is 6x distilled from American corn, naturally gluten-free, and a Certified South Carolina product. 97 calories per 1.5 oz.
- Dixie Black Pepper Vodka: Voted the Best Flavored Vodka in the world in 2018 and 2019*, Dixie Black Pepper Vodka is the must-have staple for any Bloody Mary or oyster shooter. We steep our core Dixie Southern Vodka with Serrano peppers for a week, then infuse with Sichuan and Madagascar black peppercorns, resulting in a perfectly balanced pepper vodka with a clear color and aroma of char roasted and marinated green and chili peppers. The forward flavor comes from the Madagascar peppercorn, a cooked and dried fruit from a flowering vine of the Piperaceae family. As the backdrop, we use both the Sichuan peppercorn, dried hulls of the Rue family and fresh Serrano peppers for a bright, fruit flavor. 97 calories per 1.5 oz.
- Dixie Peach Vodka: Dixie Peach Vodka is a regional collaboration with Lane Southern Orchards, an iconic Georgia farm that’s been growing peaches for more than 100 years. We infuse our core Dixie Southern Vodka with beautifully ripe Sweet Georgia Peaches to create a delicious, undeniably Southern flavored vodka with a kiss of sweetness that’s perfect with lemonade, tea, in a mule, or in a variety of creative cocktails. 101 calories per 1.5 oz.
- Dixie Wildflower Honey Vodka: Dixie Wildflower Honey flavored vodka is a regional collaboration with Savannah Bee Company. To make this undeniably Southern vodka, we infuse our core Dixie Southern Vodka with southeastern wildflower honey from Savannah Bee Company to create a delicious flavored vodka with a touch of sweetness. 107 calories per 1.5 oz.
- Dixie Citrus Vodka: Dixie Citrus Vodka is a regional collaboration with Lykes Bros. Inc. to bring the flavors of the South from grove to bottle. The Lykes Family has been growing high-quality citrus in Florida since the late 1800s, and began planting their current groves in the 1940s. Our award-winning Dixie Citrus Vodka is a special blend of all-natural citrus flavors and Valencia oranges grown on the Lykes Ranch. The result is a subtly sweet and deliciously smooth citrus vodka that’s like drinking a refreshing glass of Florida sunshine. 99 calories per 1.5 oz.
- Dixie Mint Vodka: Dixie Mint Vodka is a regional collaboration with Dohn & Nelson Gardens, one of Kentucky’s most famous mint farmers and the exclusive provider of mint to the Kentucky Derby. We infuse our core Dixie Southern Vodka with Dohn & Nelson Gardens’ perfectly fresh mint for a crisp, refreshing taste that’s delicious on its own or in a variety of creative cocktails, like a Vodka Mint Julep or Spiked Sweet Tea. 103 calories per 1.5 oz.
Beyond the exceptional quality and amazing flavors – these vodkas have been HIGHLY accredited and been swooned over with a ton of awesome awards. But like Dixie Vodka says, “It ain’t braggin’ when it’s true!” But what’s an award-winning vodka, without an amazing cocktail recipe? Check out this awesome recipe that’s totally holiday worthy:
1 bottle Dixie Citrus Vodka
1/2 bottle cranberry juice cocktail
1/2 bottle apple Juice
1 liter club soda
Ice ring garnish:
8 oz. whole, fresh cranberries
3 sprigs of rosemary
3 whole cinnamon sticks
Get the directions for this fun cocktail over at Dixie Vodka!
Follow Dixie Southern Vodka, and keep up with their products (plus, it’s fun to follow because they have a sassy sense of humor!):