Grab a cup of coffee (or tea), sit back, and chill out for a bit with us this morning! We’re so happy you joined us for our morning coffee! We’ll meet you every weekday morning, right here on the blog, around 9am CST (7am PST, 10am EST) to share a cup of joe with you, talk about what’s on our minds, sneak in some awesome deals we spot, talk about our meal plans for the day, and anything else that comes up! Feel free to chat it up in the comment section, and tell us how you’re feeling, what’s going on with your life, current events, things you’re excited about or bummed out about, and anything else you want to chit-chat about.
Now….refill that coffee and let’s get to chatting with our Morning Coffee!
I (Jeni) have a confession. I LOVE trashy reality shows. For the last few years, I’ve been watching one in particular. 90 Day Fiancé. This show got my attention, because years ago, I was married to a Canadian, and we were talking about the K1 Visa – or “Fiancé Visa” to get him to the United States. The show is about couples that are using the K1 Visa, trying to get one partner to the US to live.
It’s 90 Day Fiancé because once the immigrant steps foot on US soil, they have 90 days to marry the US citizen, or they have to return to their country. Anyway, this show is so much DRAMA and so much FUN to watch! It’s cheesy, and probably mostly staged… but I love it and love all of the couples! I have my favorites, of course. If you like this kind of reality show, check it it out on TLC! Plus, you can binge the seasons on TLC.com to catch up. AND there are lots of spin-off shows, too 🙂
What’s your favorite reality show?
I (Sarah) love hot dogs. They are just a good comfort food that I really enjoy. I can MAYBE eat two at most. But this guy – Joey “Jaws” Chestnut, is the Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog-Eating Contest winner this year, because he ate 71 hot dogs. He ate 71 hot dogs in TEN MINUTES. And that’s short of his actual record of 74 that he got last year. Yep – last year – this is his 12th win. The girl is Miki Sudo who has won 6 times and ate 31 hot dogs.
I like to enjoy my food. I get that there’s a difference in competitive eating and enjoyment eating. I could NEVER be a competitive eater! No way. I would want to put some mustard and relish on my hot dogs, enjoy them and take my time. 🙂
If you had to compete eating something – what would it be?
These Summer Crystal Bracelets are not just adorable, they are only $4.99! They come in three different styles, with TONS of color options.
This is SO interesting to me (Jeni). In our U.S. grocery stores, we have aisles featuring different cultures and countries’ foods like Asian and Hispanic. Have you ever wondered what the American sections look like in other countries?! This article honestly fascinated me. Here are the highlights:
- American food aisles are mostly junk food, because that’s what the stereotype around the world says we mostly eat.
- Twinkies, Pop Tarts and maple syrup will be found in the American sections
- The sections are about the same size as the sections in our stores, designated for other cultural foods.
Read more about it HERE!
What foods would you miss the most if you lived in another country?
This actually exists, and you can get it on Amazon. It’s the Bob Ross Positive Energy Drink! But the description is what REALLY makes it awesomeness in a can:
- NO MISTAKES – You can buy this Bob Ross Positive Energy Drink and drink it. Or you could buy it to put on a happy little shelf, just to make you smile. You can do anything you want to do. This is your world.
- POSITIVE ENERGY – The secret to doing anything is believing that you can do it. And the secret to doing it? To getting things done? Positive energy. Shwooop! You can have it right here, in a 12oz can.
- INGREDIENTS – Just a little Water, High fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Taurine, Natural Flavor, Caffeine, Potassium sorbate, Potassium benzonate, ginseng root extract, guarana seed extract, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Contains one or more of the following: Gum Acacia, Glycerol, Ester of Wood Rosin, FD&C Red40, FD&C Blue1. That’s all.
- COLLECTABLE – If you already have a nice little collection of Bob Ross memorabilia, why not give it another friend? Everyone needs a friend.
- DELECTABLE – This energy drink will have you talkin’ to trees and making friends with squirrels, it’s just that tasty. There’s nothing wrong with having a squirrel as a friend.
My (Jeni) sister has the upper body strength of a hamster. She’s working on a goal she’s had her whole life – doing a pushup. I found this amazing Power Press Push Up System and sent it to her. NOW she’ll be able to do multiple push ups! It’s got AMAZING reviews – and a 4.6 out of 5 star rating from over 815 reviewers.
Tell us about a physical goal you have!
Ohhhh this is TOUGH! For me, Sarah, I think I would go old school and get #10. I love a classic ice cream sandwich. Although… #1, #6, #15 and #33 wouldn’t be turned down if they were offered! 🙂
Which would you pick?
These might be the cutest ever chip clips! The pack includes a bear, frog, lion, dog, pig and tiger and they bite together your bags! Isn’t that precious? Instead of those boring clips, these are way more fun.
What “cute” kitchen items do you use?
Talk about the perfect summer recipe! Bourbon BBQ Glazed Pork Chops! The ingredients include molasses, cider vinegar, dijon mustard, cayenne pepper, Jack Daniels and more! Mmmmmm they sound absolutely perfectly summery, don’t they?
What’s your favorite BBQ meal?
Don’t forget to join us every Wednesday evening at 4pm EST for Happy Hour!