Here is a meal all cooked in ONE pot, that will not only satisfy the comfort food craving, but also only takes 45 minutes from prep to serving! This soup has some serious flavor – and really does taste like a warm, gooey bacon cheeseburger! Make it for company, and they’ll be asking you for your amazing Bacon Cheeseburger Soup recipe, for sure!
What you need:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped or diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped or diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 lb potatoes (about 3 medium sized potatoes), peeled and cut up into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon or 1 cube beef bouillon
- 12 oz Velveeta (about 2/14 cups)
- Bacon, cooked & crumbled (3-4 slices or more if you prefer)
In a 6-qt stockpot, cook beef, onion and pepper over medium heat for about 8 minutes, or until beef is not longer pink. Break up beef into crumbles while cooking. Drain. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Stir in flour, until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Add potatoes, water and bouillon, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover while simmering for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add Velveeta and stir until melted. Sprinkle with bacon pieces and serve hot!